Featured Photo

Featured Photo
Ethiopian Rock Church


My latest images for sale at Shutterstock:

My most popular images for sale at Shutterstock:

Sunday, August 1, 2010

I laugh in the face of ridiculously complex bus networks!



Hurrah for me - just arrived home in no time almost to my door from the San Telmo markets area on the other side of the city. The Buenos Aires bus system seems to consist of about 200 independently run companies all with different routes, I have taken pot luck a couple of times relying on my luckily good sense of direction and getting of somewhere that seems to be in the general vicinity of where i wanted to go. Today i was a little further afield though. So i bowled up to a news stand and asked for a bus guide in Spanish, then managed to decipher the 200p long manual with maps and grids that seem only to tell you that there might be a bus of use to you going through somewhere nearby in this quadrant but we wont tell you exactly what street. Anyway...number 17 you are my lucky bus!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Medinet Habu Temple, Luxor