Featured Photo

Featured Photo
Ethiopian Rock Church


My latest images for sale at Shutterstock:

My most popular images for sale at Shutterstock:

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Back to Blighty

Im now just coming up to the end of my week back at home in England. For the last 3 days I was in the Cotswolds with Mum and Dad where id ordered up country lanes, B&B, country pub dinners and stately homes with history, all things im starved of in Australia. Typical 4 seasons in one day weather, but glimpses of sunshine and I really did enjoy the fresh air and wandering around historical places. This morning we were at Sudely castle, mostly a Victorian rebuild, albeit a very good one, but amongst other things it was the place Katherine Parr moved to when she married the Thomas Seymour after the death of Henry VIII (this was her 4th marriage so she was catching up with Henry!). Her remains are buried in the chapel there. The unfortunate Lady Jane Grey, Queen for 9 days then beheaded was also there as Katherines lady in waiting.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Wow, wow, wow! It's sooooo beautiful there! If I ever get over there to visit, I don't know if I could bear to leave. Lovely pics of your folks too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Medinet Habu Temple, Luxor