Featured Photo

Featured Photo
Ethiopian Rock Church


My latest images for sale at Shutterstock:

My most popular images for sale at Shutterstock:

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Girl With the Dragon Tattoo

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium, #1)The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Boy oh boy oh Boy. this one deserved all the hype for sure. Its been a while since i got through 500p that quickly. Its a completely addictive page turner, I was up half the night finishing off the last 200p and in fact prob most of the other half of the night as I was too hyped up to sleep. It has to be said, its pretty gruesome and graphic in parts. The rape scene made me feel physicaly sick but it was integral to the character developement. The characters were all completely absorbing and likeable - well the ones your supposed to like anyway. I loved the setting, on an island in Sweden. The only thing i struggled a little with was some questionable moral desicions made by our heros towards the conclusion of the book, although I did also quite like the fact that Lisbeth was always one to fly in the face of the conventional way of doing things.

I cant wait to see the film now, ive been holding off till I'd read the book, i do find it quite bizzarre that they are going to complete the trilogy of Swedish made films, but also do the whole lot again in English language starring Daniel Craig. Just shows you how good the material is i suppose.

My only problem now is what to follow it with.. being in the English coutryside i dipped into an Austen but it really does seem like not much more that frilly English nobility matchmaking right now, beatifuly written but withought a great deal of umphh. I think ill come back to it at a later date when ive finished book mourning.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The movie kicked ass - highly recommended.

Jon-Bear said...

yeah cant wait.. i have the second book with me too so looking forward to that

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Medinet Habu Temple, Luxor