Featured Photo

Featured Photo
Ethiopian Rock Church


My latest images for sale at Shutterstock:

My most popular images for sale at Shutterstock:

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Flesh and Blood

Flesh And Blood Flesh And Blood by Michael Cunningham


My rating: 4 of 5 stars
This is the third Michael Cunningham I've read, Starting with the beautifully poetic 'The Hours'. This one, dragged just a tiny bit, I was ready to move onto something else. None the less, its full of uniquely Cunningham style depth, emotion and life observations as seen through the various points of view of different members and generations of an American family. I love how with Cunningham you know its always going to be a bit left of centre, he shows how what starts as your peachy clean 2.4 kids, white picket fence American dream family inst necessarily going to turn out just quite the way those parents had imagined it. I love how he takes inside the different characters and the way they think and see life seems unique to them, from children to grandparents. I have Specimen Days still on the shelf to read.

View all my reviews >>

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Medinet Habu Temple, Luxor