Featured Photo

Featured Photo
Ethiopian Rock Church


My latest images for sale at Shutterstock:

My most popular images for sale at Shutterstock:

Monday, January 9, 2012

A walk from Stepney to Canary Wharf

I bought myself a new camera for Christmas, and feeling slighlty cheese and chocolate heavy following the festive binge, I thought I would take myself for a walk and try out the new camera at the same time.

As ive said before, there is a lot of rubbish housing and ugliness in the area to go past, but there are also redeeming features tucked away. St Dunstans church Stepney and its avenue of trees and graveyard. Inside there are Elizibethan monuments. Walking through the back streets of Georgian bomb survivors over canals to Limehouse there are historic wharf buildings and a Hawksmoor church, and finaly West India Quay and Carary Wharf. Some say Souless, my flatmate wouldnt move there despite getting a more swanky flat for less money, I think she is fonder of the gritty innner london multicultural vibrancy than I am. I dont know what its like to spend all your time there, but I quite like Canary Wharfs modernity and proximity to the water.

Back on the DLR, East London line and tube to Stepney with neon lit, Halal chicken shops, Asian veg markets and barbers. Chicken shops and barbers, how they all survive together, goodness only knows . Ive to ban myself from bargain priced Donners and Biyrianis since moving here.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Medinet Habu Temple, Luxor