Featured Photo

Featured Photo
Ethiopian Rock Church


My latest images for sale at Shutterstock:

My most popular images for sale at Shutterstock:

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Lonesome Dove

Lonesome DoveLonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


This probably wouldnt have been a 5 if it was shorter, funnily enough. But I feel like Ive been reading it so dern long that it earns itself another stripe just by familiarity. Its so nice when you've been in the same territory with a big long book for a while and it feels comforting to pick up and slip back in with the characters and plot with ease. I think you really feel your on the journey with them across the wide open spaces and going through their trials and tribulations. I loved Gus and Clara. I loved being in a Western and enjoying the ride, I didn't think I would. There was a fair bit of humour and some nasty surprises. You do get to wonder if theres a female in the whole of the Southern states who Isnt or has'nt been a whore at some point or at least been abused by men and been involved in some carrott wetting of some description. I thought it might get a bit much being in such a male dominated environment for so long but the emotion beneath their cowboy exteriors was intriguing.



If you caint squirt yer squirt in 20 minutes you need a doctor not a whore.



wise words indeeed



View all my reviews

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Medinet Habu Temple, Luxor